Thursday, June 2, 2011

The Pickled PT's Sister

So my great friends Kevin and Becky have a 1996 Ford Taurus GL that theyve been trying to get rid of. But somethings the matter with it, Its spewing coolant everywhere which is causing it to overheat!

After almost a year of it sitting at their house and it not selling they decided to give it to us as long as we paid the transfer fees for it.

So we decided wed take the risk and get it so we could have a second car for emergencys or something.

So alas heres our new car on the day we got her (about two weeks ago, I didnt post it on here cause I wanted to make sure I could fix the problem before I started doing things to it)!


Besides needing a good cleaning and fixing the issue and the rust on the hood, its in great shape. Only has about 79,000 miles on it.

So I joined a website full of taurus owners and we quickly narrowed the issues with the coolant exploading down to...

Tank
Cap
Water Pump
Rust
Head Gasket

I was able to fix the issue by giving it a new cap. When the coolant is under pressure its boiling temp is raised therefore the old cap wasnt holding the pressure and the coolant would "boil over"

While I was fixing the issue I went ahead and drained all the coolant and put in a new thermostat! Doing this job made me feel like I am learning alot about cars!

So since the day that I got the Pickled PT's sister I have done quite alot to her. So now along with my PT on this blog, you all get to see me work and fix issues with this car too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Keep All Comments PG, Also Try Not To Make Fun Of Dill's Inability To Learn About Cars.