Thursday, June 9, 2011

I'll Make A Man Out Of You Yet, Pickled Petey!

Finally!

Today after about 2 weeks I finally got my new Flowmaster Exhaust System in. I got a really great deal for it ($125 Shipped) and only paid 60 bucks to get it installed. I paid the guys under the table (theyre somewhat a local down home shop) so they were willing to do it for alot less than the over 130 bucks everyone else locally wanted...

Alot of folks have been wanting to know what this exhaust sounds like and if they should buy it for themselves. Well this exhaust system is exactly what I wanted in my PT, A Close to stock loudness but with a bit of a meaner tone to it. This certainly accomplishes this. The resonator on it keeps the noise down and without it the exhaust would be very loud. The muffler is a Flowmaster Series 50 Delta so it could be pretty loud without the resonator (and give me a nice drone in the car to drive me nuts, search youtube for series 50 flowmaster if you want to hear it raw)

The one thing I dont like is the giant exhaust tip! 3.5 Inches! I feel like ive got one of those honda tips on the exhaust! Its so big that it melted a nice spot for itself in my bumper!

So first heres a video of the sound comparison... My voice has been changed to keep the secret identity of Dill well hidden! HAHA!

Please Note!!! While I attempted to record a inside sound of me on the highway driving, all the sound ended up being was road noise... Seriously this exhaust is loud when you want it (High RPMS) and quite when you need it (low RPMS)


Not Bad Right?

So here's some pictures of the PT during installation. I blotted out the men's heads cause I was taking these photos without them knowing and also since they did this under the table it protects them a bit as well!

So the process was simply remove the muffler, which was simple.

Step two was to break out the big toys and heat up a seriously rusty bolt then go nuts on it with a crowbar until it broke off...



Step 3 was to hang the resonator and the following pipe



And that was it! Now time to admire the work from a lift, I loved seeing how nice and rust free Pickled Petey is!


So now I'm all ready for Cruizin Clarion (Almost!). Speaking of Cruizin' Clarion...

Pickled Petey had a chance to meet his old neighbor and darker, speedier counterpart, Arcane. Arcane is a friend of ours PT and it so happens that the PT used to belong to a neighbor of ours who recently traded it in. (Its a funny story really how we ran into each other, although not literally)

Heres the two of the buddys hanging out together in a parking lot (Cars just love to congregate there!)



Well thats all for today! Im looking forward to doing more to Pickled Petey and the Catfish soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Keep All Comments PG, Also Try Not To Make Fun Of Dill's Inability To Learn About Cars.