Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Stickers Are More Important Than You Think!

Today my new K&N air filter arrived. These are fairly costly but a great upgrade in any car. They never need replaced and are washable as well. I ordered one New in Box (NIB) from eBay. The cost after shipping was around 35 bucks for this particular model. Well today it arrived and lo and behold when I go to replace the air filter it turns out theres already a K&N in it! Now before you say, "You should've looked Dill". Im telling you I did! Remember the part on this blog where I meantion I have no previous mechanical experience? Yeah? Well  see these filters come with stickers that you place on your airbox that say something like, STOP! Do Not Replace! This Is A Lifetime K&N Air Filter! Other than that how am I to know its a K&N filter? So once I got the new one I popped open my airbox and noticed that my new filter and the one currently in the car look alot alike... hmm.. I took it out of the car and on the side of the rubber was a molded K&N Logo. Nonetheless I replaced it so its nice and new looking and I made sure that for the sake of the next guy with this car, I put the sticker on it.

So really today I didnt do anything to the car besides waste 35 bucks. Plus its raining for the next few days.

But never fear, I'm expecting quite a large shipment of items to arrive on my doorstep over the next few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Keep All Comments PG, Also Try Not To Make Fun Of Dill's Inability To Learn About Cars.