Thursday, April 14, 2011

Just Pickin'!

Today is the first day ive really been able to work on the car since purchasing it due to big rain storms. So the first thing I did was hit up the local salvage yard and CHACHING! I hit gold!



Apparently the previous owner of the wrecked 2002 PT Cruiser (Same color as mine) Loved shopping at RaceandStreet because they actually had lots of the items for sale on that site!

SO, I scored..
  • Chrome door pulls
  • Chrome thingys for the headrest
  • Chrome radio knob
  • Chrome door handle screw covers
  • Chrome antenna cover
  • Chrome tire screws
  • Chrome steering wheel spoke covers
  • A OEM Shelf/Table for the trunk
  • A very nice condition owners manual complete with original holding case and all warranty paperwork etc (looks great seeing Im missing an owners manual and this thing has all the paperwork that one would expect to come with a new car) and the back shelf.
Looking on ebay thats about 175+ bucks worth of stuff, for how much you ask? 20 bucks! So after washing them all off and shining up all the chrome I installed everything into my car, so easy...





To make things better, in my picture of the trunk you can spy my new head light and fog light bulbs! Ive got atleast one of each installed and these lights have my 100 percent approval! The downfall is that while installing the fog light bulbs I discovered that the fuse for them was missing, so I bought one and installed it and viola! The lights turned on, but... They wouldnt turn off! Even when the car was off the lights stayed on. After doing some research I found out it was the multifunction switch (basically the stick behind the steering wheel that controls all your lights) Something ill have to fix another day! So until then I removed the fuse to prevent battery drainage. So heres my new lights in the box!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Keep All Comments PG, Also Try Not To Make Fun Of Dill's Inability To Learn About Cars.