Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Lights, Grilles, And Amps, Oh My!

Today I recieved my new tail lights, Chrome Grille, and my Amp via UPS.

I unboxed these items and quickly added them to my car. The PT Now Officially looks different from every other PT out there. But I'm not done yet by no means...

The first thing I started with was the new tail lights. These are Altezza style Retro lights. They were easy to install as all you have to do is remove one screw and the lights come out.

Wow do these new lights change the look of the car tremendously. They fit almost perfectly and they are pretty good quality for the mere 80 bucks for them. Heres a picture of the lights half and half to see the difference.

From this picture you can clearly see how much changing lights can make your car look brand new or completely different. This is probably the most expensive investment so far in the whole car but by far the most noticable.

Once they were both done you can tell that these lights give it a more modern retro look. And to make things even better today my chrome grille came in the mail. That means two major mods done in just one day! The rear of the car is basically done except for some chrome edging for the lights and the back up lights, as well as some LEDs put into all the lights in the car to give it an even more modern retro appearance. Im also contemplating tinting the reverse lights as they seem so bright compared to the new tail lights. Other than that, the rear of the car is mostly complete.

Now onto the grille.

This grille is chrome plated ABS Plastic. Its very durable and should last quite a while. Coming in at around 80 bucks its almost the same price as the tail lights. But once again, this is probably the most noticable mod to the front of the car so far. It clips onto the original grille as well as uses adhesive, but its not so strong that I would damage my paint removing it.

WOW! Look at the difference. My car now looks like Ive invested so much money into it, but honestly so far Ive put under 500 bucks into it, including repairs. I finished restoring the drivers side headlight which makes the front look so much better but you cant really see it on the camera.

After this was all done me and Emma desided to sit back and relax, fired up the charcoal grill and made some good ol' american pork chops.

Man, Doing all this work myself is helping me build a strong attachment to the car. I look forward to learning much more about it and hopefully be able to do more to it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Keep All Comments PG, Also Try Not To Make Fun Of Dill's Inability To Learn About Cars.