Thursday, May 5, 2011

So Little Time...

So for the past few days I've been ridin' in style with my setup previously listed in the last post. That is until today when my new Pioneer speaker arrived! Man is this thing amazing!
This is a monster of a subwoofer. Google it for yourself! Its a perfect match to the sub box thats in my car and also works great with my amp! Its wired at 1ohm and is capable of giving you one heck of a back massage!


So this is how its wired, 1ohm. This is a DVC sub with 2 ohm voice coils vs the 4 ohm most get in a dvc.

I could go on and on about this system but I bragged in the last post and seriously im not done yet so sit tight folks youll get to see alot more of this sub!

Here it is compared to the polk AKA my travelling sub

Now thats not all I did today, nope not at all!!!

So I've been eyeballing chrome caps for all the tanks under the hood (IE. Washer fluid, coolant, brake fluid etc..) but they are pretty expensive. So I decided to do some spray painting! After researching the process to get a decent finish out of a spray paint I came out with this
Yup a chromish tylenol top!

Basically I used Rustoleum Gloss black for plastics and did a preliminary coat. After about 15 minutes I applied the Duplicolor chrome and this is what It looks like. Not real chrome but its shiny enough to pass as some sort of metal and it is an enamel so it doesnt have a painted feel to it.

Here the coolant cap (just one of the things I painted) before I did it and after



Not bad I say, And its held up great under the hood after a long drive today and so what if it comes off over time, ill just paint it again. Also im getting a paint pen so I can paint the letters black.

So getting in the painting mood I decided to fix that ugly rear wiper issue alot of pt owners have.

So to do this I bought rustoleum Metal Satin black. This is a non glossy black that will help it look factory

So since were going to be doing some painting we should cover the area well!

Now after this I sanded the arm as best as I could to ensure a great finish, Note the area at the top where the paint has just worn off with time. After your sanded (and removed the little plasric button at the base of the arm) you can give it a few nice coats letting it dry between them a little.

Afterwards this is what you get.

Obviously I forgot to put the plastic button back on and I did so after taking this but look at how nice and new the wiper arm looks, no more unsightly grays!

Yes my car needs a bath, I wash it like everyday but its so dusty and polleny out here in PA right now...

So now that this day has ended im fairly worn out and ready for some rest! Can't wait to do some more to the car soon!

Feel free to post your ideas or comments below!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Keep All Comments PG, Also Try Not To Make Fun Of Dill's Inability To Learn About Cars.