Wednesday, March 28, 2012

The Collection Grows

Okay, I think its safe to say I am officially addicted to PT Cruisers!

Today I aquired another PT Cruiser, a 2005 PT Cruiser Convertible.


Yep thats it right there! A beautiful blue. This PT is 100% Stock. It crazy to think its been exactly 1 year since I Purchased my first PT Cruiser "Petey". The decision to purchase this PT came from the fact that my fiancees car, a 1991 eagle summit, crapped out on us. It was easy to agree that our next car would be a PT Cruiser since I know so much about them.

My fiancee was then challenged with the task of finding a PT Cruiser that would fit our budget of $5000. Initially this proved difficult but one day driving down Capital BLVD in Raleigh, NC we spotted the PT that was soon to be ours. Sticker price was a little under 6k, which was ideally a fair price for a PT Base Vert that was in excellent condition.

We took it for a test drive and decided there was just too many questions about the car that were unanswered for the price asked for it. We took it back to the lot and spoke with the sales manager there. I managed to get the price down to $5600 including taxes (so roughly like 5k for the car). This was alright but with a timing belt change in the near future I still wasnt so sure on the car.

This place (L&M Auto on Capital BLVD. Raleigh) was absolutely amazing! When I got back in my car the body shop manager came out and spoke with me. He wanted to know what was the issue with the car. I told him every problem with it expecting him to just tell me that the cars are just "as is" and that it runs and drives, but he actually told me he would fix EVERY issue wrong with the car that I noticed. This floored me.

So after speaking with him over the phone (and while the building may not look like that of a lexus dealer, by talking with them on the phone it seemed more like speaking to a friend more than a Car place) they ended up replacing the timing belt, tensioner, water pump, 4 new tires, all new brakes, two new rotors... I could go on and on! It was apparent that they were set on making me extremely happy with the deal. There was no way I could pass up such an offer. I do not know if they would do this for everybody, but I can imagine not everybody would know whats not acting right about a car to request it to be fixed.

The worst part of all of this is actually buying the car and driving it away! While leaving the lot today in my new PT I felt like I wouldnt have a reason to talk with my new friends at L&M. I'm half tempted just to run into a tree so I can visit them again to repair the damage. Thats another thing, these guys do auto body repair too. I saw some of the things they were working on and these folks are top notch. They have a skilled team of workers (who have natural tans, im jealous!) and they complete work quickly and at a great price. The next time I need a car, or need paint or body work done I am going to visit these folks again!

So alas now I have a new car to work on. You can expect to be seeing plenty of posts about it on here soon. But until that time, I will just enjoy it and think of the great experience I had purchasing it.










No comments:

Post a Comment

Please Keep All Comments PG, Also Try Not To Make Fun Of Dill's Inability To Learn About Cars.